Saturday, November 17, 2007

Don't Faint, I'm here!

Hi to all. I have not been on the blog before now. I've just had too darn many things going on in my life recently.

I started a new job at the University of Utah Medical Center in the Urology Center. I am the first PA they have ever hired and so far, it has worked out very well. I work with three of the top Urologists in the intermountain area. These guys do more specialized stuff than anybody around. I see patients every day from all around the world. I didn't know it, but we seem to have loads of refugees here in Utah from everywhere; Somalia, Ghana, and a number of former Soviet block countries (I can't spell them or pronounce them). And from all kinds of other countries too.

I still do family practice too. I have been working in Utah County for 11 years and before that, Duchesne County for 3 years. I still have patients that come to see me from Duchesne. I couldn't very well walk off and say sorry, I'm not going to see you any more, so I do family practice every Saturday morning at the same practice I've working at for the past 5 years.

On top of all that I still do work at the emergency department at Timpanogos Regional Hospital when they call me. When they need help, they call and if I'm available, I go. It's kind of nice to be able to say "sorry, not tonight."

I have enjoyed everyone's blogs here on the Meeks Messenger. Thanks to Melody for spearheading it. I am sorry that I haven't been a little more in touch. I'll try to do better. I finally remembered to bookmark the site, so I can find it better.

My love to all!

Jim

PS: Here's a picture of Makell with a recent date. Not a bad looking couple!!

1 comment:

The Roz's said...

Hooray! I'm glad you are here!