Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fast for Jim this Sunday!

We were saddened today by the news of Jim's cancer.  (Hopefully you all have heard by now.)  But, we know that all things are in the hands of our Heavenly Father who loves us, and that he blesses us according to our faith.  We would like to join our faith together as a family in behalf of Jim by having a FAST this Sunday, Feb 24.  In the meantime, please keep him and his family in your prayers.  Perhaps, attend or call your local temple and have his name added to the prayer roll.  I remember when Aiden was in the newborn ICU for so long.  We received so many phone calls, letters and cards telling us that we were being prayed for, or that his name was in the temple.  I think he had his name in temples across the country.  It's hard to describe, but we really could feel the sustaining power of those prayers.  They really do work, and I feel like Aiden is a miracle to prove it.  Every once in a while I wonder what may have happened if Dad would have told us all sooner about his cancer.  What would have happened if we'd had a chance to fast and pray for him? Anyway, I think I speak for us all when I say that we love you Jim, and we will be fasting and praying for you, and anything else you may need us to do.  Hang in there and keep the faith! 
love, Susan

No comments: