Sunday, September 16, 2007

Guess what....





















Emma has been sick today, (a snot-nosed cold) so she and I did not go to church. I spent the morning reading the histories of Nana's father and grandfather that Pam sent to me several weeks ago. I just love to learn about our ancestors and get a sense of who they were, what their lives were like. Nana's grandfather Sylvester Henry Earl joined the church in Ohio, and moved to "Zion" just in time for all the persecutions of the saints in Missouri, then Nauvoo, and Winter Quarters, etc. So interesting to read how matter-of-factly he tells about it all, and so neat to read that Joseph Smith gave him a blessing on his way to serve his first mission in Ohio. I wish he would have mentioned what the blessing had said, or described feelings about it. Still it was so interesting and left me with a love for the great heritage we have been blessed with.

Last night I had just changed Emma's diaper and left her laying on the floor so I could get her bed ready for her, when I turned around and found her sitting up an playing. I was a little baffled, but was so excited this morning to catch her in the act and discover that she can now go from laying down to sitting up by herself!!! This is a major MILESTONE for her. We have been working a long time to build her arm strength, and to get her to put any weight on them at all, and suddenly she's pushing herself up on them! I'm so excited for her and so proud of her. I tried to take some pictures when I saw her doing it next, but she was on the wood floor, and her hand got stuck in her dress, so when I set the camera down to move her hand, I missed the picture of her actually pushing up, but you get the idea. Here's a picture of Aiden too. Just for fun. Love to all.
Sooz

1 comment:

The Roz's said...

CONGRATS Emma!!! Way to go!!