Monday, August 20, 2007

7 weeks and counting!




I realized our most recent post is two pages back and decided it was time for an update from us. Things are still going great! There's only about 7 weeks left before our little one joins us, we are very excited! We're just trying to prepare the best we can; getting a room ready and taking classes at the hospital. We can't wait to meet our little person.
Brian continues to enjoy his job doing engineering analysis for a small company near by. He had his 25Th birthday this month. I had surprise party for him with some of our friends. I can't believe we're both 1/4 of a century old!
His training keeps him busy a couple nights a week- running, swimming, cycling. He recently did a 100 mile mountain bike ride from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon and back. He did really great overall but had some trouble the last 15 miles or so due to fatigue. He really loves to get out there and test his endurance and abilities. Brian will be doing the Arizona Ironman again in April 2008, training for that starts in January.
Brian's grandfather, Bill Rosner, passed away in July. He would have been 82 this year in October. Brian flew to Indiana to attend the funeral services and was a pallbearer. It's funny how funerals always kind of end up being a good time... you get to see people you haven't in a while and you share an emotional connection with them. Everything seems easier that way, when there's other people there with you. He said it was very nice to see all that side of his family again.
Brian is currently serving in our ward's Elders Quorum presidency. He's had that calling for the past couple years with 2 different presidents. He enjoys it overall, it gets him out of his comfort zone every once in a while which is good for anyone!
As for me I quit my job at the end of April and have very much been enjoying my time at home. I was also recently released from my church calling as Young Women's President. There's really only about 6 Young Women in our ward. I have very much enjoyed attending Relief Society again, it's been almost 4 years. I am now mostly just trying to stay cool and make it through the summer!
Sara gave me a sweet little orange kitten for my birthday. We named her Polly and that now puts the cat count to 3 in our house. Polly is very much a kitten and has rocked our world, especially for the other cats! She's a crazy little thing, you never know what she'll do next.
It's been so great reading about what every one's up to on the blog. I hope everyone will keep posting! See ya, love ya, The Roz's

No comments: